Thursday, November 20, 2008
Man I'm like so tired....
Volunteered at the Mettacats Animal Shelter today, and upheld my Guiding motto or something about A Good Turn A Day...Yeah.
Called the co-owner of the place and she brought me in. Then these 3 big Labradors pounced on me and sniffed my butt. I didn't dare to sayang them...too big. The the other dogs ( another fenced up compound) started growling and barking at me.
She them brought me to the cats enclosure and the stink/stench robbed my nose blind...kidding, it wasn't so bad lah. My rabbits stink much more!Then all those adorable kitties twined between my legs and miaoed at moi! The big kitty boss of all the cats sniffed me out and checked that i was ok and the other cats started swarming on me, begging to be petted! Then she led me to the yard and i was supposed to clean the Cat shelves and top of their cages. So i cleaned lor...cleaned and cleaned and cleaned while some cats ( four of them) took it to mind that they looove me soooo much, they accompanied me all the way through the cleaning process. So after two hours, i got my job done. Then the co-owner let me play with the cats.
Oh Yeah, two young ladies ( sisters) were also present and we chatted. LOL. Then there was this particular cat...was damn playful! She head-butted me! I was cleaning the shelf and she was at my eye-level. When i bent down to clean the lower shelf, her head nudged against mine. Then i looked up and she face-butted me. Then i laughed and said "Head-butt!" and both of us hit each other using our heads. So ADORABLE! I wanted to bring her home...but cannot lah. So i think i;m gonna secretly pretend to own her and call her Raven!
Then i was absent-mindedly petting another large cat while paying attention to the co-owner explaining some history of the cats to all three of us, I accidently poked it's face somewhere and i BIT me! Not so painful as dog bite but the skin didn't break so no blood, no foul! ( Goddam, I quoted from Twilight!)
Yeah, then we stank in the worst possible way so when i got home, i bathed for like the second time of today, at night gonna bathe another time...
Damn tired but it was meaningful. The shelves i cleaned was now so clean ( no urine and fur), many cats were sleeping there before i left. I think they appreciated our efforts today as many cats jumped up to "kiss" me. When a cat kisses you, it means their noses touch your nose. So sweet.
And best of all, i promoted Twilight to the other two ladies. Woo-hoo and they were interested cuz they heard it on radio. SCORE!
Okay, I'm done....bye~
4:22 PM